Library of Congress South (Jakarta) East Asia Electronic Resources List
On a tip off from Mr. Wang, I went snooping around the Library of Congress (Jakarta) website:
The Library of Congress Office in Jakarta is one of six overseas offices administered by the African/Asian Acquisitions and Overseas Operations Division of the Library. These offices acquire, catalog, preserve, and distribute library and research materials from countries where such materials are essentially unavailable through conventional acquisition methods.Under their "Electronic Resources" page, there are a bunch of links under "Singapore". Quite a few of the usual suspects are now listed. This blog, however, is classified under "Tsunami reliefs" (sic), quoting my description but without the all important "...with the name change, the interests of the blog has broadened considerably." But that's fine with me (though it does bug me that interesting public-domain news on the ongoing reconstruction effort is not as readily available nowadays...). The classification of the others, however, seems a tad on the haphazard side:
- harosingapore under "socio-cultural"Who made these classifications, I wonder... There are also others, including a whole bunch on "bird flu" on July 29.
- tankinlian under "economic"
- the aseanist under "economic, security and cultural"
- tomorrow.sg, Mr. Brown, nineaugust, youngrepublic, doubleyellow, szemeng, akikonomu and yawning bread under "social politic"
- singaland, Mr. Wang and newsintercom under "social-politics"
- Mr. Budak under "politics"
- people like us under "social"